Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, healthcare workers on the frontlines have been forced to deal with limited supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) especially N95 mask online. According to one report, N95 respirators remain in short supply. However, behind the scenes, counterfeit and fake N95 masks are flooding the market, increasing the risk of coronavirus transmission and infection.
In March 2020, a shipment of fake N95 respirators was discovered sitting at Los Angeles International Airport. Then the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) issued an alert on imported N95 masks that were being falsely marketed and sold as approved by NIOSH. Soon after, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) also reported that several N95 masks failed to meet NIOSH’s 95% minimum particulate filtration capability.
Up until now, more than 65 companies have been caught up trying to sell counterfeit N95 masks online and the number is only increasing. It has become crucial to make sure you’re buying genuine N95 masks and not getting scammed by the retailer or supplier.
Is Your N95 Mask Real?
Here are a few ways to check if a N95 mask is real:
- All NIOSH-approved N95 masks and respirators have headbands for a tighter fit and maximum protection. If someone is selling a N95 mask online that has ear loops (instead of headbands) it is obviously fake.
- Fake N95 masks online usually have no facepiece markings (including NIOSH), or approval numbers on either the headband or facepiece.
- All genuine masks carry a NIOSH approval label within user instructions or on the packaging box. If you can’t access the original box, check for an abbreviated approval sign on the respirator/mask itself.
- NIOSH-approved masks are never “approved for use by children” – if a supplier is claiming such, their product is counterfeit.
- Genuine N95 masks online would not have any decorative elements such as sequins or embroidery.
If you are a company buying face masks to protect your workforce, you should remember that your efforts to ensure the quality and reliability of these products will be recognized by your employees. It will demonstrate that you care for their health and well-being and are willing to go the extra mile for that.
Buy NIOSH Approved N95 Mask Online From A Trusted Retailer
Proper safety equipment and education is vital to staying safe in all workplaces – now more than ever. At Professional Fit Testing Services, our 13+ years of experience and dedication to workplace safety is what sets us apart in the face of the pandemic.
We not only offer our clients certification for OSHA’s Respiratory Protection Program, but also provide 100% genuine 3M N95 masks online. You can compare our quality and prices with other companies offering N95 respirators for sale to see why we offer the best overall value.
If you have any questions about our N95 mask online or other PPE, don’t hesitate to give us a call. You don’t have to spend hours online looking for masks or gowns – we have all your PPE needs covered under one roof. We have high-quality N95 masks ready to ship out right now.
Call to request a quote for your next order and our team will ensure your masks are delivered in a timely manner. Call us today at (336) 802-1759 or contact us online.